Whenever mango is in season, you can make the most of it for your kids because it is satisfyingly sweet and contains a lot of nutrition that are beneficial to them as well.
Mango contains more than 10 vitamins and minerals including 100% vitamin C which is crucial for kids. It is also a source of dietary fibre which helps the digestive system and prevents constipation. It is a good first fruits for babies and you can make it into a puree alone or mix it with other baby foods.
With mango in season, we raise this simple pancake recipe up a notch by adding mango yumminess in it for the kids breakfast, dinner or even a snack. It is also a perfect finger food for your toddler at any time.
- 1 big very ripe or overripe mango
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsps powdered milk
- 1- 1½ cup water
- Honey to taste (i use 1 tbsp because mango is already too sweet)
- 1 tsp spice of choice (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves or mixed spice)
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil + more for cooking
- Cut mango up and blend to a puree in a blender or use a masher if you don’t want it fine and smooth. Scoop out about two or 3 tbsps and reserve.
- Break eggs into a bowl and whisk well.
- Mix 1 cup of water with the powdered milk and add to the bowl, together with the vanilla flavour, butter or oil and the mango puree. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in the flour and the spice, then mix to combine. Add more water if too thick for your liking or more flour if too runny. It depends on how you like your pancake.
- Cook pancake batter in a heated and oiled pan in batches, flipping the other side to cook as well.
- Meanwhile, put your honey in a dry pan and place on heat to melt or you can melt in a microwave too. Stir in the reserved mango puree and mix together well. Yo can add a drop of vanilla if you like.
- Drizzle the mango syrup-honey syrup on the pancakes while serving.
If you will or have tried this, then leave a comment below and don’t forget to subscribe to Mummy’s Yum emails below. Join us on our Facebook group MOMY for more interaction on kid-friendly, healthy meals and more. Don’t forget to also like and follow us.