When the weather is hot, all the kids want is something to keep them hydrated and cool. We are not left out of this wanting and this slushy sipper is definitely one to enjoy. I also made a Mango & Watermelon Smoothie.
Watermelon as the name implies is a water based fruit and contains up to 92% of water. It is a rich source of vitamin C and other anti-oxidants that are beneficial to the body. This Watermelon ‘heat cooler’ Slush, i bet you, is very refreshing with the sweet taste of the watermelon
some are not so sweet…pray you get lucky combined with milky creaminess. The good thing is that this beats the junk and fizzy drinks out there…delicious and healthy to the T.
Get your blender out and if you have the high speed performance ones, then you will get a better slushie with the frozen fruit. Be sure your blender can crush ice before embarking on this, otherwise you can just blend as a smoothie and cool in the fridge before handing out, or otherwise pour in lolly moulds make lollilops for the kids. I decided to make it a slushie for the benefit of those that don’t have any mould available.
Watermelon Ice Slush
- Watermelon (cut and frozen)
- Milk (preferably evaporated milk, though i used whole milk here. You can use condensed milk if using ice cubes or not so sweet watermelon)
- Ice cubes (if your watermelon is not frozen)
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Put the frozen watermelon and milk in your blender and blend to a ‘slushie’ perfection. If your watermelon is not frozen, then add ice before blending to give it that frozen slushiness.
- Pour into cups and hand the spoons or straws out. Drizzle some honey on top if you like.
Connect with Mummy’s Yum on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Send pictures of recipes you have tried by tagging @mummysyum or sending by email to [email protected] to get it posted on Facebook.
What more can anyone want? Wao! Wao! Wao! With Mummy’s yum, I have healthy recipes for my family….Thank you mummy’s yum.
Thank you so much Motunrayo